Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Loved extravagantly

That's the way that my wonderful husband makes me feel. I am loved extravagantly. Let me tell you how great he is:


1. When I got home from the airport Monday, there were red roses waiting on our table! That means that a) he went to the store, b) he cut the rose stems, and c) picked out my favorite vase! How fabulous is that?

2. He also gave me a fun gift: our framed wedding pics. We have had 2 11x14 portraits sitting on a bookshelf for the last 3 years, and I've really wanted to frame them. He went out and did it for me!

3. On Saturday, August 25, we have a fun date! Brett surprised me with tickets to the Flip-Flop Summer Tour. That means we get to see Kenny Chesney, Sugarland, AND Pat Green!! I can't wait! It'll be a good Texas-ish thing to do while I'm in VA missing my homeland.

4. We got dressed up and went to dinner at a nice restaurant. This was our first visit to Escalantes. The weather was nice enough to sit outside, enjoy some drinks, and have a relaxing dinner.

5. He bought me a house! The deal went through yesterday!

So can you see why I feel so loved? He made me feel like a very special bride!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sure makes my husband, Cecil, sound like a piker! He won't even take out the trash or darn his own socks. We've been married for three years and he's never home. Says he has business matters to attend to in distant lands. He was here for our anniversary recently, but forgot it WAS our anniversary. What is a girl to do? Does your husband have a brother?

Ericka said...

Happy Belated Anniversary!!! I hope your trek up to Virginia is safe - why is it we are never there at the same time??? Love you! Ericka

Kelley C said...

You look major in that first pic with the black strapless. HOT

merritt said...

Why thank you! It's actually the bangles that you can't really see in the pic that make the outfit. MA-JUH! =)