Monday, July 02, 2007

I earned a camera yesterday & flower today

Here are the first few shots with my new camera. I am going to have to spend some serious time figuring things out. And now I don't know whether to use the Canon computer software or my iPhoto. Decisions, decisions.

In the first one, I told my Little Canon (LC) that I wanted only the color blue to show up. How cool is that?


And in this second picture, I'm putting on my best model pose for Brett and LC. (Actually, he said that since I was posting an "ugly" picture of him, I had to do the same for me. I think I win the award, though.)


Besides the fact that I LOVE having a new camera, today was a hard day. When said incredibly fabulous husband came home today after working out, all he had in his hands was a bouquet of flowers!!!!! Isn't he great?!

He decided that I deserved flowers because a) my day was really hectic and he could tell I was worn out, and b) there aren't as many teaching positions open today as I thought and he could tell I was discouraged. So he made it all better by bringing me a surprise. I love him!




2 comments:

Kelley C said...

I love the pics! I am coveting a digital SLR myself. I already know which one I want. But I forgot so don't ask me. Its bookmarked though. Anyhow...your pics are great. I love the picture of you. THAT is the Merritt that I lived with. When do I get to see you???

merritt said...

I figured that maybe if I will really use all the features on my LC then in the future I could also get a SLR to use when I want. I looked into some photography classes up in NOVA the other day. And now I want Photoshop for my Apple. I have lots of wants.

2 weeks from tomorrow I'll be there!