Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Happy Independence Day!

I think that the 4th of July is probably one of my favorite holidays. That's mostly due to the fact that I have some great memories from celebrating it. I've been to the Navy Yard in Chicago, The Mall in D.C., Iwo Jima in Arlington, and a few others. But my favorite memories are the ones when our family would have lots of people for the day. We started with a swim party, had a little basketball thrown in there, hamburgers, hotdogs, more swimming, sparklers, and then the finale was running back and forth on our long driveway to watch the TWO fireworks displays that we could see from the house! We are tentatively planning to watch them tonite in Houston, but if it keeps pouring like it has been for the last 6 hours, I don't think we'll be doing much! Happy Fourth!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Since you are yet to receive any comment to this posting, I shall take the liberty of answering without resort to one of my fictional characters, e.g., Ulrich, Elfago, Walton, et al. A HUGE THANK YOU, MERRITT, for your diligence and faithfulness in maintaining the blog. It has been a joy to us and others throughout the year. What fun it has been to follow your ventures in the Houston environs. Happy 4th of July to the Shumates in Houston and Milt, Deb, and Marty a few hours away in the Dallas - FW area. P.S. All of the above-named individuals will reappear from time to time due to popular demand.

merritt said...

Gracias! Give my regards to Elfago, Walton, and the crew. I look forward to their next appearance.

Happy 4th to y'all!