Thursday, July 26, 2007

Girl Time

Most of you know that last Wednesday through Monday I was out in Greenville visiting Kelley. It's always good to be with her because she gets me. We pick up where we left off and have absolutely no trouble being real with one another. Our week involved things like going to the pool (where I showed off my major diving skills-did y'all know I was a diver? seriously.), running to the grocery store, hanging out with family (a side note--the Fitz family is the greatest; they have made me feel like their daughter since I met Kel at FU and I LOVE, LOVE getting to spend time with them as well), eating icecream, napping with Kiran, house-hunting, and just being together.

An extra perk was that I also got to see our roomie Lauren. She just moved to G-Vegas and was able to hop on over one afternoon when we called. Then over the weekend, Sarah drove from Charleston and Katie from Raleigh. What fun! Saturday morning we spent walking around the lake at Furman and that nite we ate in downtown Greenville while Jonathan watched Kiran. Downtown Greenville is the neatest downtown ever.



That's a quick overview of the week I was there. It doesn't do it justice, but I tried. As I get older and move and form new friendships, it makes me value these girls even more. These four are girls I have known since that first week at Furman. We all lived on the same hall and immediately became friends. And although I have some good friends now and will have ones in the future, there's something special about these girls who I shared bathrooms and halls and life with during those years.

And for Kelley: my trip was MAJOR! =)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

"As I get older and move and form new friendships, it makes me value these girls even more." Ditto, girlie. I count the G-105 girls among my nearest and dearest, along with remembering that the Gambrell cruise girls have great dirt on me that binds us all for life! It was sooooooooo good for my soul to see you and Kelley!!!

Kelley C said...

Mert you are awesome for always coming to see me. God knew that you needed to marry a lawyer. I'm praying you won't get a job so you can come visit me more. It was so nice to just have you around for a few days. It reminded me of when we dated at Furman. Kiran misses you. I guess we'll see you in Nov or maybe Oct? HEY we'll be in Richmond at the end of Sept. Is that anywhere close to you?

merritt said...

Kel-Richmond is only about 2.5 hours from us, actually! That'd be fun! Are y'all going to house hunt tomorrow? How's Kiran? Miss her, too!

Yep, Lauren, we do have dirt on you! That's the price we pay for having friends that go so far back--they have lots of embarrassing stories to tell about us!

Mark said...

I'm so jealous I missed a G-400 and cruise reunion weekend. (Actually, not terribly jealous, seeing as I was having a fairly big weekend myself!) But at least you c-100 girls got to have some time together. The pictures are beautiful and it looks like it was a very joyful reunion!