Monday, January 29, 2007

The market. Auto rickshaws. Indian food.

Monday, 8:50pm
For my first full day in India, those are some pretty good things to experience! I was thankfully able to sleep through the nite and wake up at a normal hour to get my body 11.5 hours ahead of Texas time. Kelley, Kiran, and I played and piddled throughout the morning until Jonathan got home. We all went out into the neighborhood for a bit, and later Kelley and I went shopping together in a nice market. The picture provided proves that despite all the years apart, we still think exactly alike, as we both picked out similar shirts at the store today! Tomorrow will be an especially fun day for me. Tune back for the details!

5 comments:

Brett said...

I think it is tremendously unfair for me to have to work while you enjoy India. I purposefully did not make the bed today out of spite. Speaking of spite, I watched the Seinfeld last night where Jerry tried to return the sport coat he bought at the store for spite, but they wouldn't let him. It was a good one. Back to work....

merritt said...

I didn't make the bed this morning, either; Kelley's helper did! =) hahahahaha! Just think, though, Monday is practically over, which means it's practically Friday! Like my logic?

Kelley C said...

Whoa its weird that you are talking to your spouse through the blog...or is it weirder that I'm commenting on your blog with you sitting not 10 feet away from me in the same room?

Brett said...

I can't believe you didn't take a picture of the auto-rickshaw when everyone is wondering what they are!

merritt said...

Kelley, no weirder than IMing while in the same dorm!

OK, Brett, I'll take more pics today!