Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Hey, I know you!

Tuesday, 830pm
Today has been an exceptionally busy day for us! Kelley, Kiran, and I spent about an hour walking in the park late this morning. The Delhi heat seems to have come in sooner than expected, so the temps are getting up into the high 70s, which seems pretty hot. J and K's apartment stays nice and cool, though, so it's always refreshing to walk in there.


The park

This evening we are just getting back from house fellowship with some other people from their company. It was fun to meet some of their friends. The taxi ride on the way back home was quite an experience. Any ride in Delhi is an experience, but this was an especially frustrating one! But we made it!

Connaught Place
The best part of the day was this afternoon, though. J, K, K, and I made our way to Connaught Place, a big circle in Delhi surrounded by restaurants and shops. As we were walking, we saw this guy and thought "Hey, I know you!" and there was standing my brother Marty! OK, OK....so it wasn't that coincidental, but here's the story: Marty lives in another country in Asia and is spending several weeks traveling with a friend. They happened to be here for several hours before they hopped on a plane. We were able to communicate and arrange a time to meet! It was SO fun to see him (I hadn't since July)!


We had lunch and walked around together. Then I gave him some birthday presents (I'm early!). It was so normal yet so surreal to be hanging out!

2 comments:

Brett said...

Awww, look at those cute Squiers kids. Who would have thought that one, let alone two, Squiers would make it to the other side of the world...at the same time!?

Anonymous said...

Merritt,
It truly is amazing that the Lord worked it out so the two of you could see each other. What a treat. I woke up and immediately went to the computer because I knew I could count on you sending me photos right away. Thank you sooooo much. The one of you strangling him is just like "the old days":)
Good to see his handsome face again. Miss him.
Love you,
Mom