Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Waiting

It's Wednesday night, and I'm still not scheduled to sub tomorrow. This is the first time since the week before spring break that I haven't had a sub job! There's always the chance I'll get called in the morning, but it feels weird not having one! God has been so good to give me so many opportunities. It's been especially fun since I've been teaching Spanish. The teachers apparently like me so much that they told the principal they want me to apply for the Spanish position coming open in August. Too bad I'm moving...

No other big news to report. We're obsessing over house-hunting online and are ready to go visit them in real life soon!

Here's a fun picture. We saw this place on our trip and it made us laugh. Look carefully.

"World's Best Chicken Fried Steak."
Can you see how many they advertise they've sold?!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOSH!!! Jeremy and I have eaten there!!! We are part of the three dozen! :)

merritt said...

Haha! That's hilarious! Is it 3 dozen because it's a small town or because it's not really the world's best?!

Anonymous said...

It was really yummy -- definitely a true, country joint. We always laughed when we drove by the restaurant (J's Grandmother lives just down the road), so we figured we needed to stop by once and have a real Texan meal. Quite an experience!

merritt said...

I like the big cupboard on the outside. Makes me feel like it's truly an authentic place since it has evidence that they do indeed have cupboards.

Jonathan said...

I love the fact that the power line in the front makes the sign appear to read "Ill Country Cupboard." Maybe that's why they've only served 3 dozen!

merritt said...

hah! I hadn't even noticed that! Good eyes!