Sunday, March 25, 2007

Fredericksburg continued: Shopping on Main Street

When we arrived to Fredericksburg, our first stop was Hondo’s on Main where we had some great burgers. They had a live musician playing who came to talk with us during a break; turns out he went to WFU before pursuing his music career! Small world!

After lunch, we were re-energized and ready to do some shopping! This is the type of shopping in which you find all these unique and fun things you would love to have in your home, and can only justify buying when on a trip away.

In general, I'm not a huge shopper. But I do really enjoy going to small towns and browsing through the eclectic shops. I found many, many things I could have spent my money on! Brett is definitely not a shopper, but was happy to stroll with me, since these shops were unique. However, he did start to wane; watch the progression:

Brett finishes in the store & waits outside.

Brett walks in the store and immediately spots a chair.

Brett needs something to sustain him and keep him entertained.
He no longer goes in the stores, using "No food or drink" as an excuse.

Once the icecream was gone, I realized I only had about 20 mins until he was done for good! So we headed to our bed and breakfast and our room, The Fountainview!

I’m pretty sure that our bed and breakfast suite was larger than our entire apartment! It was really amazing!! For dinner, we tried a restaurant called Altdorf Biergarten. We tried a traditional German meal with a sausage link, sauerkraut, noodles, and sweet and sour potatoes. And, of course, some German beer!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Merritt,

Glad you had fun in the Texas Hill Country! Those pictures of Brett reminded me A LOT of Jeremy when we took our trip to Fredericksburg two years ago! Hehe. Jeremy definitely faded fast. Do you remember the name of the musician you met that went to WFU? A guy from our church who graduated from WFU is trying to make it as a musician right now, and I wonder if it's the same guy. His name is David Lutz and he plays under the name Plum Tucker.

When are you making your trip to Austin? :)

merritt said...

Actually, I think I heard Jordan say something about how David Lutz was supposed to be performing but he was instead. I think. I've heard that name Lutz, and imagine it must have been this weekend. Or maybe on the website? Not sure.

We had a great time in FBG. Austin is on our list for this summer, perhaps. Our friends here are moving there in June, so we hope to go visit them this summer before we leave. Actually, she's applying to teach at your school.

Anonymous said...

Really? What grade/subject is she applying for? What's her name? Let me know if she comes for an interview, because I would love to meet her.

Alicia said...

um...I love Fredricksburg! I use to go there all the time with my mom and my aunts! We always had so much fun and the bakery's there are delcious. Back in the day, I used to love all the candle shops. I have some great memories of that place!! I love love love all this Texas stuff. Thanks for reminding me of home.

merritt said...

I'm glad these are fun reminders for you, Alicia! They make me remember how great Texas is and why people choose to live here! I sorta hate to know how great Texas is since I'm leaving in a few months! But, that's why we are enjoying it as much as possible!