Tuesday, March 20, 2007

The Blogger's Curse

As you may have noticed from my frequency in posting, I enjoy blogging. It's a way I can record the daily grind and idiosyncrasies of my life and those around me. Plus, I don't have many friends here, so I have to find someplace to use my 30,000 words each day!

The problem with being a blogger, though, is that you then find yourself constantly blogging in your head. I go through my day constantly typing out the next great post, rewriting, wondering what I can add, and coming up with witty comments to make my public laugh (I do have a public, right--where are my commenters?--oh, that's right....she's in Thailand...!). It's not always a conscious thing I do, but it happens. I'm sure that I had an incredible post all thought up today, but now that I'm sitting down to write, it's gone. I can't come up with anything profound or hilarious to say. So, you'll just have to trust that I had a great post for you in my head sometime during the day. And beware, those of you wanting to start a blog: those free moments when you daze off into nothingness will instead become times when your brain starts to write, anxiously awaiting for you to press "Publish".

4 comments:

Alicia said...

I couldn't agree with you anymore. I would have to say though, after having a blog for over a year and a half it does get better. But when something great happens...I ALWAYS think that it is blog worthy. Any good picture taken now is always blog worthy!! ha ah

merritt said...

Good to hear the addiction does get a little better! I'm interested to see what happens next year when I actually have a real job (I pray!) and am a bit more busy!

Jessica said...

Merritt, I love your posts, even when they are about random nothings. :)

merritt said...

Thanks, Jessica! I'm glad you can appreciate my nothings like I can! =)