Sunday, May 13, 2007

Time to celebrate!

Today is a great day for celebrating because it's my parents' 40th anniversary AND it's Mother's Day!

Mom and Dad, thanks for being such an incredible example to me, especially. With each passing year, I value your love, trust, advice, wisdom, example, and spiritual strength even more. I love you!

And to Mom, specifically, I have to say thanks for being the most perfect mom in the world. I can't wait to be a mom who loves her children just like you!

And to Jo, I have to say thank you, because you are what I prayed for in a mother-in-law. You make me feel right at home in your life. I love coming to see you, telling you about things going on, and asking for your advice. You did a great job as a mom because your son treats me better than I even deserve.

And Happy Mother's Day to Kelley! It was so fun to see you "in action" as a mom several months ago. You do it so well, even when you aren't sure you are.

Hope everyone has a very special day!

3 comments:

Kelley C said...

Thanks Merritt! I feel so special. I have had the *best* Mother's Day ever. Of course I will blog about it later. Props to my husband is all I have to say.

Erin said...

I agree with you about Kelley...She does a great job, and she's so natural at it! It was so fun to see her with Kiran! I'm sure you'll be a great mommy too one day Merritt!

merritt said...

Gracias, Erin!

Kel- so the 1st Mother's Day has a very high bar to follow, huh? =)