Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Friends of Old

By 9am today, I had already been up, showered, and volunteered with some girls from church to help serve breakfast at a school, and returned home. My husband had barely left the house! Our life this year is so carefree; it's such a blessing!

The rest of my day was fairly mundane, except I did take my Jeep to Midas to get the oil changed and found out I need other stuff done. Of course. I only go change the oil on Tuesday. That's Ladies' Day, and it only costs $12! Great deal, huh?! I don't mind being the dumb lady that couldn't tell you where the oil is on days like that! I love that place, though; they are just good, honest mechanics.

Then at 4pm, my day started to get fun! I grew up with a friend named Jessica. We were great buddies when we were little because we were both homeschooled, and then later, she even went to my school for a year. Somehow we drifted apart, but she's one of those people I loved even though we never talked. We reconnected this year, and today she came to visit! She married a great guy in December, and they are raising support for their ministry with Campus Crusade.


Right now they live in about 12 different cities; in August they plan to move to NOLA; and then 2 years after that they pray the Lord will take them back to Russia where they met. Awesome folks! Her hubby gave us girl time and then the boys came back to the apartment in time for dinner. It was great to catch up with this friend I hadn't seen in years; yet, we chatted as if we'd seen each other last week.

No comments: