Sunday, February 25, 2007

Jungle Gardens

This afternoon we (Jessie, Mattie, Sam, Erin, Jeni, Madi, Erin, Kadin, Merritt) are just returning from the Sarasota Jungle Gardens. It's a small zoo-ish place that has mainly birds that roam and reptiles that do nothing. Turns out the birds are quite funny, since they can walk and fly freely. We got a kick out of the flamingos that were taller than us, especially since one pecked Jessie on the head to get her to move. As you all know from a previous post, I hate birds, but decided to brave the roaming birds here, only to get pooped on! Why do birds hate me? I do nothing to them, and I didn't hear anyone else in the whole park complain about being pooped on but me!!! As a peace offering, I went to the parrot cage and offered to hold the largest bird in the cage. We'll see if this appeases the bird-gods. Hopefully they will spread word that I am really nice and I only hate them because they first hated me, because clearly, from this picture, everyone can see this is not my favorite thing to do!

2 comments:

Kelley C said...

Your hair is really short!

merritt said...

I know. Was that a compliment? I got in the mood to cut it on Wednesday and did. I got about 4-5 inches or so cut! Yikes! One of those impulse decisions.