Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Fashion show

Tonite as I was packing for my trip, I got a little distracted by some of the other things in my closet. I pulled out a large hanging bag full of dresses. You know the kind: all those ones you wore in high school and college and in weddings that you just haven't had the heart to get rid of. So, packing took a pause, and I went to trying on all those fun dresses. Brett decided he was glad he met me during college after he saw a few of the dresses from high school I donned. Then there were one or two from college that were not quite so cool anymore. And then there are the few that I just can't get rid of yet. I'll probably never wear the halter dress with sequins, and I don't foresee an occassion to wear those bridesmaids dresses...but I still need them with me for a few more years.

8 comments:

Kelley C said...

Did you take pictures? i think pictures are needed here.

merritt said...

I thought of that afterwards....

kflythe said...

My thoughts precisely, Kelley. Where are the fun photos? Merritt, I will always remember you in the pink 2-piece dress you work to an AO function- was that yours or did you borrow it?

Kelley C said...

I don't remember this dress...remind me again. who would you have gone to an ao function with????

merritt said...

I don't even remember whose dress it was, but I remember not liking my look that nite! I went with Eric F, I think? I think maybe Mel, Bets, and I asked three guys, but now that I say Eric, I'm not sure he was technically my date. Clearly, it was such a spectacularly memorable nite!

Kelley C said...

I remember the sparkly halter. and how LP and that guy- what was his name?- got "lost" on the way to jr/sr.

Remember how brett got out of going to jr/sr our jr year?

merritt said...

HAHA! Brett and I were talking about that the other day, actually. He didn't want to go, so he broke up with me. Grrr....

Was LP's guy names Jonathan? Or J-something?

Kelley C said...

i think it was John