Sunday, February 04, 2007

Humayun's Tomb

Sunday, 734pm
Can you believe it's Sunday? I'm so confused on my days, but I guess it doesn't really matter! Today was Brett's first day here in India! And we had a great one!

Brett and Jonathan took Kiran out for a walk this morning, which gave Brett the chance to see the neighborhood. After lunch, we all headed out for Humayun's Tomb, someplace none of us had been. Humayun was an emperor and the grounds are a mausoleum, from which the Taj Mahal was modeled. The buildings are very cool, and the grounds are green and expansive, something rare in this city. We explored Humayun's Tomb for a while and then went to Barrista to have an afternoon dessert. On the way up to the apartment, we met J & K's landlord, and a few minutes later we had chai (compliments of Jonathan!) with some Indian friends. It was a full day, which helped Brett stay awake! The next few days will be especially hectic, but we are having a great time catching up and living life with J & K and Little K! Here's a wave to everyone back home:

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you both got there safely and are having a great time! Thanks so much for the blog link and the photos/updates- I'm enjoying some vicarious adventure :)

Brett, the foundations of justice are crumbling in your absence.

-Tracy

Anonymous said...

good morning all!!!

It's Super Bowl brealfast time!!!!

Cold at home; rain, as you now know, in Miami, Fire going and my dates for the game, my wife and mother-in-law, are sound asleep....but we're having a great time!!!

Say, I think I saw Ulrich in the SB crowd!!! Change of plans with Brettman on the scene. Back to the game. Enjoy some grits and scones with Starbucks coffee.

Love to all.

Raoulf

merritt said...

Tracy, glad you can hold down the fort at the office! Hear you were having some cold winds up near the Windy City this weekend!

Brett said...

Tracy, please try to hold things together in my absence. I know it will be hard. Kudos if you get Dave to try anywhere other than Salata or Treebeards for lunch. Sorry about the Bears.

(Pam, if you are reading this, know that I expect a comment from you on one of the India posts.)