Saturday, December 16, 2006

Relax and play

Relax and play is what we did all day!
(I used to be a great poet; don't you know it?)

Early this afternoon we drove with some friends from Bible study and delivered gifts to a family that we had adopted. The family was very grateful and excited, and we were all glad that we could give them some things that they really needed. Afterwards, B and I hung out at Evan and Erin's house for a while. The four of us have lots in common (she's a teacher, too! I know, I know--technically I'm not teaching this year....). We'd almost be tempted to think about staying in Houston with friends like them, but they are moving this summer, too!

The rest of our afternoon was spent doing boring things like napping (mostly me) and reading (mostly B) and listening to music. I'm on strike in the kitchen (just for the weekend), so we went out to dinner at Ninfa's; Brett was in the mood for Mexican--he's becoming a true Texan!

Now the BEST part of the day was when I convinced my darling hubby to take me to look at Christmas lights! And...he enjoyed it!! We "oohed" and "aahed" at all the big mansions nearby. And somehow, we got in a long line of cars we thought were just looking at lights, but were actually in line for valet parking for a wedding. We had to laugh when the valet guy came to get our keys, and Brett told him we didn't need his help but just needed to get through the circle so we could leave! Oops...



oh...and Happy Hanukkah!

4 comments:

Kelley C said...

You totally should have crashed the wedding!!!

I just borrowed a Francine Rivers book- is she a good author?

merritt said...

Had we been dressed up, we would have, but I was wearing jeans....

Which book did you borrow? I'm sorta reading A Voice in the Wind but got distracted by Holy Cow. Yes--she's wonderful!

Kelley C said...

Leota's Garden.

I'm forcing myself to finish Success God's Way before I start another book.

merritt said...

I haven't heard of that one. Did you like Holy Cow? I'm almost done now, but it got a little boring there in the middle, I thought. I have that Princess book on hold at the library.