Sunday, December 17, 2006

Acceptance speech

Did you hear? I'm the Time magazine Person of the Year!

I'd really like to start off by just thanking the readers. Without all of you sea urchins or lurkers, I'd really have no motivation to write. By the millions of comments I get each day, it's quite obvious the difference I have made in this wide world of webs..gosh, I'm so nervous! (holding back tears...) You've all been wonderful; I can't thank you enough! I'd also be nothing if it weren't for my family. Mom, Dad, I love you. I love my brothers and sisters. And, of course, my incredible husband who allowed me to not work this year to give me time to write. Guess it's paid off, huh, honey? There are so many others I want to thank (music starts...)...I can't remember everyone!--GOD BLESS AMERICA!!



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Merritt,
I must say again...you have way too much time on your hands!!
How is Brett able to put up with you this year? Does he like the "non-working Merritt" better than the "working Merritt"?

Perhaps a gig with stand up comedy is your next outlet??
Life is way too short to be serious all the time, don't you think?

Are you being good so Santa (that you never believed in) will bring you lots of presents??
Lv,
Mom

merritt said...

Oh yea, "Vacation Merritt" has always been much more fun!! He'll totally admit to that!

And of course I'm being good! I'm ALWAYS being good...

Kelley C said...

MERT- I'm so INSULTED

merritt said...

I'm SO sorry! It's just that in the heat of the moment I forgot so many people! =) Here....

PEOPLE, I would like to thank my best friend Kelley who has really inspired all this. She's given me many ideas to steal and has clearly been my biggest fan! Without her, there would be practically no blog or comments. She's really the inspiration behind it all, as we needed a good way to relay the daily events of life across the oceans.

Kelley C said...

thank you. not insulted anymore. you may come visit me now.

merritt said...

Thank you for letting me off the hook. I know my after-speech doesn't really do you justice.

By the way, technically, you won person of the year also. What a coincidence!