Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Officially licensed

Back in September, things at work were especially crazy because I was trying to get all my paperwork in order for the new job. Being one of about 24,000 employees in my county meant that it was a slow and vague process. I found out that a deadline I had of September 30 had been moved to the 15th. It was already the 8th when I was finally given this notice. So, I scrambled and begged and prayed hard that I could get my stuff in to the licensure office. I had my things, but I was relying on some people in NC and TX to get their jobs done. When it all came through, I was thrilled!

Today I finally got my certificate! And, it turns out that instead of the 3 year provisional license I thought I was getting, I got the 5 year renewable! This is wonderful to me because it means I don't have to take all the language tests that are so daunting! I'm SO happy!

And now I'm officially licensed to teach in Texas and Virginia! Wohoo!

3 comments:

Tracy Larson said...

Congratulations, Merritt!

Kelley C said...

Congrats! Who would have thought that you would be the one teaching and I'd retire after two years?

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Merritt!