Saturday, October 27, 2007

Movie weekend

Hey, Kids,

It's Saturday evening, and I thought I'd give a little update on our weekend activities. It's been a busy 2 days, it seems. The next few weekends are going to be packed as well.

I left school very early (3pm!) on Friday. It had been raining for about 2 days, the weather had turned cold, and it was just one of those days that I couldn't stay at school any longer. My body was itching to be home! After piddling at home for a bit, I graded papers until Brett got home and we went out for dinner. We ended up at this great Mexican place. Dinner was excellent, and I even ordered dessert! I can't pass up plátanos fritos. Once we got back to our house, we popped in Evan Almighty. Did you know that God is an environmentalist? It was actually a cute movie.

This morning I made a test for my Spanish II students. They are going to be thrilled, I am sure. I'll be gone on Friday, and I decided that the best thing for my sub to do is give a test to my classes!

This afternoon we headed out to one of Brett's coworker's place for a housewarming party. They live in a cutie house. We cooked out and hung out. Now we are catching the baseball game before we head out to the movies. A late movie. Can't remember the last time we did that! ¡Hasta mañana!

6 comments:

Tracy Larson said...

Ooh, what are you seeing? We saw "Bella" last night and it was incredible- I think it's only in limited release, though? You guys have to see it as soon as it comes to DC! We met the star at the TRTL dinner earlier this fall. Very inspiring and very nice on the eyes ;)

Joel/ Hollie Dickens said...

Merritt, Great blog. Wow. I've got a lot to learn aboug layouts, etc. don't I? Joel and I are looking at this together and look forward to keeping up with you more this way.
Hollie

Mark said...

where are you going to be on friday, if not at school? Fun vacation planned?

merritt said...

On our way to G-Vegas! It's homecoming weekend and we are driving down with Richie Dean and his wife. Good times!

Thanks, Hollie! Feel free to email with questions, if you have any.

merritt said...

Oh-Tracy, haven't heard of Bella. Will have to look into it. We saw The Kingdom. Really good.

Mark said...

I can't go to homecoming, but on some maps, Raleigh's not far out of the way. :) if you want to stop by, feel free!