Saturday, October 20, 2007

MAiZE

Saturdays are the best days ever! They are absolutely incredible!

This afternoon, we enjoyed a bit of fall fun. We headed out to the Leesburg Premium Outlets. Brett has been in need of a new suit, so we went to get a good deal on one at Joseph A. Bank, his store of choice. We had great success! He's gonna look so snazzy!

The Leesburg outlets are the best outlets. They truly have every store imaginable. My favorites there include places like Yankee Candle, Crate and Barrel, Banana Republic, Gap, Ann Taylor, and Coach. And can I just say that I have to be the most self-controlled & money-conscious woman in the world. Because despite the fact that I was lusting over many clothes and cute sweaters for cheap at Banana Republic, I didn't spend one penny while there because it's not in the budget for the month. I'm practically a saint.

Brett had to get me out of there before I crushed under the pressure, so we headed 5 miles north to the real activity of the day: a corn maze! I've wanted to do this for a long time, and it turned out to be a perfect day. We went to the Leesburg Corn MAiZE. They have several acres of corn stalks carved into a design. And it's your job to get from the beginning to the end. We rocked at it.

After we found our way out, we walked over to the pumpkin patch and picked out a lovely little pumpkin to put on our porch. It was fun!

7 comments:

EMU said...

We've done a corn maize before too! :)

Kelley C said...

Isn't it strange to be picking out a pumpkin in mid-october in short sleeves???

Was it as much fun as you thought it would be?

Anonymous said...

Merritt,
We had a field like that growing next to our farm. After we walked home from school, it was our job for us (me and your aunts and uncles) to each shuck 2 rows of corn before we could play. In Michigan, this was always in September/October.There were some times when we would have an early snow on the ground and it would freeze our fingers off. But we made it fun and would run and hide from each other and scare the daylights out of the youngest. Pure joy to be the older one!!

Tracy Larson said...

Did you ever get to Katy Mills when you were in Houston?

What fun at the corn maize! We always picked our own pumpkins and apples when I was little- and then my poor mom would have to make apple pie for MONTHS so our bushels and bushels of apples didn't go to waste!

merritt said...

Mom, didn't know about the corn. Thought it was all blueberries up there! I couldn't believe all the corn in the maze; it will take forever for them to shuck it!

Tracy, apple picking sounds fun. And yummy. I LOVE apple pie. Pie in general, actually. Tops cake on my list.

Kelley, yes. It's supposed to be back into the mid 80s this week. We thought we were going to get to have cool weather up here! Feels like Houston!

Mark said...

how in the world does a corn maze end up on your list of "things I've always wanted to do"...? Was it in the 1,000 Places book? :)

merritt said...

I think it all started when I did NOT get to do the pineapple maze at the Dole Plantation in Hawaii 4 years ago. Plus, from the air, these things just look so stinkin' cool! And I also like Field of Dreams...."if you build it, he will come.."