Sunday, October 07, 2007

The weekend isn't over!

It's 10pm on Sunday nite. I should be in bed. Instead, I'm just getting home from dinner. And I'm not stressed about getting into bed late. Why? Because I DON'T HAVE SCHOOL TOMORROW!!!! Do you know how thrilled I am? I can't even express.

Yesterday we spent most the day majorly cleaning our house. It was much-needed, and now it feels so good to have it all spick-n-span. I enjoyed an afternoon nap, we grilled hotdogs, and we finally watched a Netflix movie we've had for about 4 weeks. Have you seen The Illusionist? It's really good, actually. Now that I've seen the whole thing, I'm tempted to watch it again in order to catch some of the things I missed the first time. Nothing is as it seems.

After church today, the Redskins put on quite a show. It's always much more fun to see your team play when they play well and win! Then, after doing some grading and quiz-making, Brett and I picked up Pam from her hotel. She is the secretary for B's old boss and has been in town for a conference. We brought her back to see our casa, where she ooh-ed and aah-ed and made us feel like we had a great place. And she brought me some fun handtowels and hotpads for our kitchen!

We finished the grand tour and headed to our "downtown" area to have dinner. Dave met us down there. He worked in Houston with B and now works at the same place now. We had a great time catching up with one another. We ended up dropping both of them off afterward. I liked dropping Dave off, because he lives in the city, and we got to drive by all the monuments while they are lit at nite. I love seeing them at nite. The city is always quieter and less hectic, so I love being able to drive with leisure and marvel at these amazing sites. We live in a really neat place.

So, now I'm off to bed. I can sleep in tomorrow, if I like (which won't happen; I can't anymore!). Then I have some school stuff and some non-school stuff, such as finally getting that haircut. Ciao!

2 comments:

Mark said...

did you take that picture? it's gorgeous!

merritt said...

I took it, as in, I took it from Google images. It's the picture I wanted to take, but didn't have my camera.