Tuesday, June 19, 2007

VACAY!

Upon the suggestion of my dad, we have set aside a certain amount of moo-lah to buy all those things that we are going to want once we get into the new house: guest bed, TV, rugs, couch, DVD player, etc., plus the random things we aren't thinking of. When you come visit us after August, and your guest bed isn't quite as comfortable as you thought we would get, and you see that we still have that dark, used sofa, you can blame it on the fact that we have an insatiable desire to travel together. We've taken part of the "stuff for the house" money and decided to call it "vacation" money instead! I am SO excited!

Come mid August, we'll be here for five nights: Majestic Colonial in the Dominican Republic! We get a king-sized bed, terrace, beach, pool, and all our food and drinks included! The new couch can definitely wait (but don't worry--we've got our priorities straight: we're getting the new TV!)

15 comments:

Brett said...

Hurray for Vacay!

Kelley C said...

I'm almost as excited as if it were ME going to the DR. I'm so proud of you!

merritt said...

I'm glad you are excited for us!! It's not the Philippines or Thailand, but it'll do...=)

I can just feel my body relaxing when I look at the picture!

Anonymous said...

I look forward to your arrival. My father owns the DR property. In fact, we will be anchored offshore aboard the CSAV "Hamburgo" during your stay. Give us the "parties on" signal and we'll join you. The cheetos and cranapple juice are on me.

Anonymous said...

I feel relaxed when I look at the picture...and I'm not even going! Good choice Shumates.

Anonymous said...

Looks terrific, Brett & Merritt! Hope it's twice as great as it looks. Have fun!

EMU said...

So fun! Our Compassion kiddo lives in the DR -- let me know if you meet a little boy named Ramon. :)

emu

merritt said...

Thanks, everyone! It's fun to see so many people excited about our trip!

I can't wait. Two months from now and we'll be there....

Brett said...

Sorry to all of those who voted for a vacation here:

http://brettandmerritt.blogspot.com/2006/09/asia-africa-europe-oh-my.html

Even though China/Asia was the winner, we decided to visit the DR instead.

merritt said...

Maybe next year we'll go to China! We could watch the badminton and table tennis Olympics w/Marty!

Anonymous said...

Every time I checked your blog today (um...like,5 times...) and I saw the title of this latest post, I quoted - OUT LOUD - that line from Legally Blonde: "You're going to Harvard, like, on vacay? Road trip!" And, I cracked myself up EVERY SINGLE TIME. Just thought you should know.

merritt said...

Lauren- You aren't alone!! "Vacay" in the valley-girl accent has become a staple around our household! I'm glad someone else knew what I meant when I put that up!

You crack me up!

Kelley C said...

I'm so glad LP has turned into a commenter. her comments make me laugh.

I think the DR ranks right up there with Thailand and the Philippines.

Anonymous said...

LP is glad she is now a commenter, too. Her comments make HER laugh...outloud...like right now in the very quiet public library...

merritt said...

I'm glad LP has de-lurked also, since now it looks like I actually have friends! People probably thought that "kelley" was another pen named I used to make them think I know people!