Sunday, September 30, 2007

Now we need the weekend

This time I don't have any fun, random activity that we did this weekend. Seriously. On Friday, Brett was called on to do a huge project with a deadline of 9pm tonite. He's been working so hard all weekend (even getting up at 630 this morning!!). Since he was being so productive, I took the time to be so as well by catching up on a mountain of grading, taking a nice walk, ironing a bazillion clothes, and doing laundry! Exciting stuff, huh? We did get to church, though, so don't go thinking we are a bunch of pagans. :)

After working so hard all weekend, we feel like we deserve our real weekend. Makes sense, doesn't it? The good thing is that weekends like this won't be the norm for Brett; he'll have slow times and crazy times at work, so we'll just go with the flow.

Happy October (almost)!

7 comments:

Kelley C said...

I think you should get a dryer that is wrinkle free. I love not ironing.

Mark said...

or, you should just wear your clothes wrinkled. Would anyone really say anything? Even before I was working from home (and I use the term "working" in the loosest of meanings, since clearly right now I am reading your blog instead), I didn't brush my hair. Someone did say something, though, actually...

merritt said...

Semi-wrinkled shirts don't bother me so much, but I hate it when a pair of khakis or capris is totally wrinkled.

Part of this I will blame on my dad who has his shirts pressed with ultimate hard starch. His shirts look like pieces of cardboard when they are hanging up, but they look great when he puts them on!

EMU said...

I heart my steamer. Great invention.

And I like your new look. The colors are calming...

Kelley C said...

I love when J gets his shirts back from the cleaners and the pocket is stuck to the rest of the shirt. He always lets me unstick the pocket.

Mark said...

I can't believe anyone else has the same pocket appreciation!!!! I thought I was the only one. It's such a satisfying peeling sensation, really. Mark is also into ueberstarching. And my dad used to have his army fatigues heavy-starched, too - I don't know how he walked!

merritt said...

ahhh...the simple joys in life!

thanks, emu.