Monday, September 10, 2007

Work, work, work

We both did that all day because today was Brett's first day of work! This is the first time in our married life that we've both been officially employed (I will admit that, technically, I am not employed. HR is a bit slow and has yet to give me the paperwork and this mysterious thing they call a contract. Apparently, they are quite satisfied having me come to work each day without signing me on. They swear that I'll be paid; let's hope so.)!

He had a wonderful start and is looking forward to being at his firm. They've already got work lined up for him, including a deadline! No loafing around there!

It'll probably take us a while to get used to a new schedule. I go in so early and get to come home early, relative to when Brett would probably get home, so we're going to have to figure out a routine that would give us more than just an hour in the evening together! Here's to having fun in new jobs and new routines!

4 comments:

Kelley C said...

so ya'll are DINKs again...enjoy

merritt said...

thanks! being a dink family makes me able to do fun things like come see you!! and i love that!

i'm wondering how many people are wanting to ask what the heck we are talking about! =)

EMU said...

I know! I know!

We are too....kinda...

Tracy Larson said...

Glad they are keeping Brett busy :) I started a couple weeks ago, so I'm a seasoned veteran now. Filing "my" first brief on Friday (and by "my" I mean that I wrote about 3 pages of it ;) )!

Hope you are keeping those kids in line! They shouldn't mess with you and that contract- your hubby's a big fancy Wiley man now :)