Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Bedtime survey

Bedtime has become very important to me. It's 7 minutes before 9pm, and I WILL be on my way to getting ready for bed by the time it hits 900. I am grumpy and annoyed in the AM anyway; even more-so when I don't sleep enough.

This new bedtime is such a change. Last year, we were getting into bed a lot later. Do you realize that, technically, I could come home and watch the last afternoon soap opera because classes are done so early, but I have to miss The Office because I can't stay up past 9pm?! That's insane, people!

So, I'm taking a survey of bedtimes. Your job is to comment with your bedtime! Good night!

11 comments:

Kelley C said...

My bedtime is 10-11. Used to be more like 10. Now it is becoming more like 11. What time does the Office come on? I would Tivo it for you but you'd have to come down here to watch it every week.

Ericka said...

I have to watch the weather on the 11 O'clock news, so that is done about 11:23. The weatherman on the NBC station always puts me to sleep...

EMU said...

Would you laugh at me if I said that I fell asleep last night at 7:45?

Usually my bed time is 9:00ish during the school year and 11:00ish during the summer.

merritt said...

No way, Liz! I'm jealous!!! What time do classes start for you?

kflythe said...

I start getting ready for bed around 9:45 and usually get the light out by 10:30 or 11.
Here's the usual routine:
1. clean the cat box out and sweep laundry room 2. put cat to bed 3. pick out clothes for next day (iron if necessary) 4. wash face, floss, brush teeth 5. read 6. light off

EMU said...

7:00 Leave house
7:15 Get to school
7:30 Faculty Prayer
7:45 Kids arrive
8:00 School officially starts!

Anonymous said...

Last night, 1:00am and then at the hospital at 6:30am for rounds.

Mark said...

wow, you people stay up late! we try to be IN bed by 10 (mark has to get up at 4:45am when he works day shift), with the light off by 11. but nowadays, nathan usually has other plans!

Anonymous said...

I usually hit the pillow by 10:30 at the latest...says the girl who is commenting on blogs at 11:34 tonight...

Anonymous said...

I have a bedtime goal of 10:30 but I rarely make it. It's usually more in the neighborhood of 11 and too often closer to 11:30. Mike usually wakes up at 6 (nevermind going to bed around 1 or so) and I'm up by 6:45. Sometimes I get to doze off again until Madi wakes up...sometimes as late at 8am!!!

merritt said...

I did good this past week. I had the light out by 940 every single nite, some much earlier. Jeni gets the prize for never making bedtime because I know she never does!!