Saturday, September 08, 2007

Saturday

Saturdays are absolutely incredible when you work the entire week!

Last nite, Richie and Liz came over & we grilled out. They stayed way past my (new) bedtime, but it was no problem, because it was Friday! I got to sleep in (relative to the weekday) and spend the major part of my day avoiding schoolwork and enjoying a day off. Brett went down to the District to do some volunteer work while I went to the grocery store.

When you move to a new city, one of the hard things about it is figuring out your new stores. Where do you go for the oil change? Household items? Fast food when you don't want to cook? And, most importantly, groceries? I think I'm going to go to 2 stores to get groceries. That sounds ridiculous, doesn't it? But, I have a new love for Trader Joe's. It's one of those quaint, natural stores that has exorbitant prices on some stuff and great deals on others: like 19 cent bananas. Can you believe that? So, I get certain things there because I save a bundle. Plus, the people there are way nicer than the other store, and they have a lot more cashiers open so I don't have to wait as long.

After groceries today, I did some productive and not-so-productive things. And for dinner, Brett and I went out! It's been a while since we did that together, so it was nice. We have this great little downtown area about 1 mile from us that we love! When we got home, we put in Night at the Museum. It's cute and entertaining. Now it's bedtime. Tomorrow is a busy day!

3 comments:

Tracy Larson said...

Ooh, glad you got to Trader Joe's! I miss it from Boston and Chicago. I highly recommend their frozen skillet dinners for nights when you're too tired from work to cook ;) If they have any comment cards, tell them to open one in Houston :)

Tell Brett good luck at work tomorrow!

Mark said...

I also love Trader Joe's. When my sister lived in Boston we went there all the time. They have my favorite chocolate from Germany (Ritter Sport, in case you were wondering - I know you were) and they have good almond butter - like pb but even better and very yummy on apples. But it's way too expensive, for the most part, for someone as cheap as I am to shop there on a regular basis, unfortunately.

merritt said...

Tracy- I picked up one of those meals and had the same thought--perfect for that night I'm too tired to cook!

Have you started work?