Tuesday, August 21, 2007

A preview

Today was hectic, but that should come as no surprise! We ran a number of errands and continued to get the house in order. Our couch and chair were finally delivered and we bought a rug, so our living room is now actually livable! It helps make the house feel like home. My goal tomorrow is to finish organizing the guest room, do the laundry, and get ready.

I have to get ready because on Thursday, I start work! You probably read that last Tuesday I had 2 interviews. While in the DR, I was offered 2 jobs! Praise the Lord! Both are part-time, though the one I will have has the possibility of turning into full-time (please pray for that!). I'll be teaching Spanish I and II at a high school. I'm scared and excited and feel all out of practice all at the same time!

Here's a preview of some of the fun pictures and beautiful views to come. Ahhhh...Serenity.

6 comments:

Kelley C said...

beautiful.

Mark said...

I love that everyone (except me, who didn't get the memo until AFTER my last trip) takes the requisite feet/beach photo when they go to the caribbean.

which resort did you stay at? was it nice? can you tell I am itching to get on vacation myself? let me live vicariously...

and CONGRATS on the job!

Tracy Larson said...

Congratulations, Merritt! I start next Thursday too- eek!

merritt said...

Erin- I didn't know everyone takes that picture either! I just thought I was being creative. Way to burst my bubble! =) We stayed at Majestic Colonial. Very nice, not luxurious, but excellent place. I'm thinking the next time I'm in the Caribbean I should be on a Gambrell Cruise. What do you think?

merritt said...

And thanks for the congrats! I start in about 10 hours...goodbye summer!

Mark said...

a gambrell cruise sounds fun. um, can we bring kids?

and oh! scratch my last comment. merritt, you are the most creative photogropher I have ever met. What an artiste!