Sunday, August 26, 2007

Flip Flop Summer Tour

Last night, Brett and I went to a fun concert! He surprised me with these tickets on our anniversary, so we have been waiting for a month to attend. The Flip Flop Summer Tour included a performance by Pat Green, Sugarland, and Kenny Chesney. I'm a huge PG fan, ever since he started out as a measly Texas Country singer. And, of course, I love Sugarland and KC.

We left Brett's parent's house about 6pm after visiting with them for the afternoon. They live about 3.5 miles from the concert site, so we figured we'd be there around 610 or so by taking the backroads. At 730 we finally got there!! There was a bit of traffic.
Our lawn seats worked out well, except that it meant we got rained on for part of PG and part of KC! We didn't mind, though; it was a fun experience! Because we were very wet and weren't in the mood to suffer through 1.5 more hours of traffic, we left the concert a bit early to avoid the traffic and drunk college kids! That worked out perfectly!

I shot a video of Sugarland while we there; it's shaky and not perfect, but you get the idea!
Actually, it won't upload, so I'll see about putting it up later.

2 comments:

Mark said...

gotta love DC traffic.

merritt said...

Thankfully I have a reverse commute for work!!