Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Mom's Birthday!

Today is my mom's birthday! I think that she is the most fabulous Mom in the whole world. She's absolutely wonderful! Over the years she has been much more than just "mom", though: chauffeur, supporter, encourager, adviser, cook, cleaning lady, errand-runner, listener, challenger, comedian, example, fashion consultant, book recommender, host, and confidante, among other things. People always say that I am the spitting image of her, and I love that; but the greatest compliment I get is when they tell me that I act just like her, because she's an incredible woman of God whose example I want to follow.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MOM!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Merritt,
Well here it is Sept 5 and I have just now read your blog from end of August. The "margin" we try to keep in our life seemed to evaporate in August. Just returned from a much needed spontaneous trip to Angel Fire for some much needed R & R.

How nice of you to say so many wonderful things about your mommy. I am so fortunate to have you as my daughter.
Miss you much.
Love,
Mom