Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Grillin'

As I left work yesterday and called Brett, he announced that he had bought a grill and was going to make me dinner! I immediately tossed aside my list for the grocery store that included ingredients for some new recipe that sounded good the nite before but no longer was appealing, and I bought the fixins' for "hangabers" as Mom always called them! And, man, were they good! So juicy and scrumptious! We got to sit out on our patio and eat dinner, enjoying nice weather. Props to Tracy for sending us these awesome placements for eating on our patio! I can't wait until Brett's next grilling escapade. If you have any easy recipes that you love, please email me; we're looking for dinner and veggie recipes to try out!

8 comments:

Kelley C said...

*wiping drool off the computer*

yum. We are getting our grill back after a two year hiatus so we can swap recipes. We always loved grilling salmon. With dill sauce. But you don't grill the dill sauce. And we grill chicken a lot. A whole lot.

The VA Masons said...

kabobs are always a hit in the mason household. green peppers, canned pineapple, tomatos, steak or chicken marinated... always good. Beth and I have used our oven maybe 2 times all summer, because we always grill or stirfry. We get fish a lot from our local store and grill. flounder stuffed w/ crabmeat is very good.

Anonymous said...

Best gol darn grille dish is squirrel or possum and ranch dressing. Easy to find those critters all over and the the ranch dressing takes it over the top. Keeps you out'ta the grocery stores and setles the critter population issue. Say, Brett is beaming like he just pitched a no-hitter or is celebrating the birth of his first born. Keep on grilin!

Anonymous said...

Merritt and Brett,

Glad y'all are settling in, Brett are you going to be the Virginia Emeril? Looking forward to seeing y'all in October. Pam

Tracy Larson said...

Glad you like the placemats (and that they got there despite my apparent inability to properly address things...)! I love grilled portobello mushrooms- just a little balsamic vinagrette and salt/pepper to taste is very yummy :) Corn is really good too. Very easy- just butter & salt & paprika or something to spice it up.

I should have Adam's little brother send you grilling recipes- it's about his favorite thing to do. Even in the freezing Chicago winters!

Tracy Larson said...

Weird, Pam & I commented at the same time! We're in Houston sync mode, I guess :)

Mark said...

Mert -
I put my favorite grilled shrimp recipe up for you... enjoy!

http://mgoetts.blogspot.com/

merritt said...

Thanks for the recipe, Erin. I didn't know about your blog! YAY!

Marcello, you are right about those darn squirrels. There are plenty around here. I think there are some of a different variety, too, as they are black. Never seen that before. Maybe you could come over for a 'Skins game and have this new kind.

Tracy-I love the placements! Brett's not allowed to spill on them!