Friday, September 08, 2006

O-Week at FU

It was this week seven years ago that Brett and I were moving into our first dorm rooms on campus at Furman, though we wouldn't meet until the next year. I was probably just a tad more excited about all the socializing and meeting of people during Orientation Week than Brett was, but I think both Brett and I agree that we met people during this and the first few weeks that have become our very best friends! Ahhh...college...how we miss you...sometimes!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Furman brings back so many memories, but what it NOW reminds me of is how God works in people's lives. As we all know, I had strong feelings about Coach Smith and baseball; however, as I look back on all that took place at Furman, I can FINALLY see His plan. It was a pretty good one! A great education with further opportunities, some wonderful and enduring friendships, and the best prize of all: his lifelong partner in Merritt. Absolutely amazing to me what He brought about!!!! Praise Him!! Best He's in charge and not me.

Charlie

merritt said...

It's a good thing I never got my parents' science genes and had to take that Bio 16 class for dummies..I mean, non-majors.

Kelley C said...

Its a good thing Brett gave you a second chance after you shot him down....

merritt said...

And it's also good that both of us (since the roommate had to agree also) accepted him back as my boyfriend after he decided he didn't want to be my friend after all...

Anonymous said...

We could not agree more with the selection of our kids choice of FU. Too bad neither got the science genes. We could have a doctor or two.